THE BUTCHERING ART – Coming Soon to a Bookstore Near You!

BA

I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be working with FSG-Scientific American (an imprint of Macmillan) on a book project. The Butchering Art will take readers on a gruesome journey into the world of pre-antiseptic surgery. Further details in the press release below!

Thanks to everyone who has supported and nurtured my dreams as a writer. I couldn’t have gotten to this exciting stage without you.

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 8.47.46 PM

By | 2015-10-10T22:38:23+00:00 October 10th, 2015|Casebooks|18 Comments

1. Pat October 10, 2015 at 11:06 pm - Reply

Congratulations! I hope it does well for you. I’ll be watching for it.

2. ERF Mama October 10, 2015 at 11:17 pm - Reply

Congratulations!! I will be picking this up for sure!! I love your series and your historic posts, it’s so incredible to read about being so interested in history my self. Good Luck with the sales!!

3. coldhandboyack October 11, 2015 at 12:15 am - Reply

Congratulations, sounds interesting.

4. Francesca Miller October 11, 2015 at 3:16 am - Reply

Congratulations, I can’t wait.

5. Pattie October 11, 2015 at 4:51 am - Reply

I can’t wait to read it! 🙂

6. cetakyasin1 October 11, 2015 at 5:05 am - Reply

Follow my blog please. Thank You

7. Ann October 11, 2015 at 5:49 am - Reply

Congratulations! Your blog is a great resource for students in my “misbehaving dead bodies” class, so I’m very happy to see your increasing success!!!

8. Jan Helldén (@jhellden) October 11, 2015 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Can’t wait until October 2017!!!

9. madamemidlifecrisis October 11, 2015 at 5:40 pm - Reply

Yay! But boo… I have to wait a year? Gonna hafta go all Rapunzel like ’til then. Naptime commence!

10. Tom B. October 11, 2015 at 8:48 pm - Reply

And there you have it! Worth sticking around for, without a doubt. Now, the movie rights. Who to play the inventor of my favorite blade??

11. Renée October 15, 2015 at 1:39 am - Reply

Fantastic news. I only wish it was sooner! Well done.

12. B. D. Flynt (@BDFlynt) March 25, 2016 at 12:18 am - Reply

Congratulations! Cannot wait until your book is published! 🙂

13. B. D. Flynt (@BDFlynt) March 25, 2016 at 12:19 am - Reply

Congratulations! I cannot wait until your book is published!

14. askinsfiction May 12, 2016 at 2:46 pm - Reply

I am entertained to see you refer to a “millennium of amputations, gangrene and savagery”, Roman medical practices were quite advanced, but some elements of Medieval medical practices were less so proficient. I may need to look your book up!

• The Chirurgeon's Apprentice May 12, 2016 at 2:48 pm - Reply

The blurb was a press release – not written by me 🙂 The book will focus mainly on 19th century surgery!

• askinsfiction May 12, 2016 at 2:50 pm - Reply

My main period is 14th Century and earlier, but still looks informative! 🙂

• The Chirurgeon's Apprentice May 12, 2016 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Hopefully you’ll enjoy it! It’s narrative nonfiction – following the story of Joseph Lister as he tries to revolutionize surgery. It should be a blood-fest!

I’d love to cover more medieval medicine on this blog. Just gotta find the time to do some more research on the subject. Thanks for your interest!