Under The Knife – Episode 2: The Plague Doctor

In the 2nd Episode of Under The Knife, I discuss the history of bubonic plague and that notorious beaked mask that has come to symbolize one of the world’s most terrifying diseases. Alex Anstey, Adrian Teal and I have worked hard on this video – we hope you like it!

If you enjoy Under The Knife, please consider becoming a patron of our project. Producing high quality content is time-consuming and expensive, so we could really use your support! We’re offering fun perks, like postcards, DVDs, artwork and even a chance to get animated into the series! Click here for more info.

By | 2014-11-11T12:50:37+00:00 November 11th, 2014|Casebooks|11 Comments

1. coldhandboyack November 11, 2014 at 1:25 pm - Reply

I love it. The comparison to a hazmat suit was brilliant.

• The Chirurgeon's Apprentice November 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm - Reply

Thanks so much! If you would be so kind, can you please leave this comment on our actual YouTube video? It helps our ratings! Glad you enjoyed!

• coldhandboyack November 11, 2014 at 2:07 pm - Reply

I dedicated a good forty minutes of my time to that effort. I wound up searching for tutorials and other how to’s. In the end, it looks like I need a Google+ account to even leave a comment.

Given that I watch a video about three times per year, I elected not to sign up for yet another social media format.

I enjoyed this and took the time to comment on WordPress. I’m afraid that’s all I’m going to be able to do.

2. Featured E-Magazine November 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm - Reply

This is so good. Thanks for this film. It’s so much like Ebola in a way. Love your heels! Another fantastic work.

3. lizhe November 12, 2014 at 4:50 am - Reply

thank,s for posting.
    have a nice day

4. akismet-2495f2f03919c32125580771020ca4a9 November 12, 2014 at 10:22 pm - Reply

Nice video. In the times of Ebola’s epidemics, it is an interesting reference.

5. Buenos vecinos | Platero November 12, 2014 at 10:33 pm - Reply

[…] Under the knife – Episode 2: the plague doctor. […]

6. Amee Keo January 29, 2015 at 10:35 am - Reply

But I’m not sure it’s relevant: one thing is to ensure a level playing field and to give opportunities (which Hagemann

7. adidas adipure discount March 18, 2015 at 4:23 pm - Reply

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to
    be happy. I’ve read this publish and if I may just I desire to suggest you some
    interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles relating to this article.
    I wish to learn even more things approximately it!

8. Jack March 28, 2015 at 6:20 pm - Reply

Reblogged this on The Missal.